On Monday, January 14th, Dr. Oz is airing an exclusive interview with the father of Casey Anthony, George Anthony.
Since suffering a near-fatal car accident, George Anthony has not spoken publicly to the press or media. In this special episode, Dr. Oz travels to Orlando where the Anthonys live and sits down with George and Cindy in their home.
George Anthony was driving on Interstate 4 in Daytona Beach, Florida on November 24, 2018, when his vehicle traveled off the right shoulder. He lost control of the car and overturned several times. There was speculation that George had a seizure when the accident occurred or that he may have tried to take his own life. George suffered spinal injuries, arm fractures and his head is currently in a halo brace. Since coming home from the hospital, Cindy has become the round-the-clock caregiver to George.
In this interview, Dr. Oz and the Anthonys will discuss:
- What drove George off the road that day
- How George responds to the claims about having had a seizure or that it may not have been an accident
- What doctors have told George about his recovery
- How he’s coping with the pain from his injuries, mounting medical bills and the burden he’s putting on Cindy
- If they’ve heard from daughter Casey since the accident
- How George feels about Casey today
Want to see more? Watch this episode live a 4:00 PM on WBGH and 5:00 PM on WIVT.