UNION, N.Y. — The Town of Union Department of Planning has released a proposed version of the Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2019 Annual Action Plan for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program.
The Town expects to receive $1,232,339 in new CDBG funding for FFY 2019, which covers the period October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020.
The FFY 2019 grant award represents a $51,758 increase in funding from the previous budget cycle.
The plan is available for review at the following locations:
- Town of Union Planning Department, 3111 East Main Street, Endwell
- Johnson City Village Hall, 243 Main Street, Johnson City
- Your Home Library, 107 Main Street, Johnson City
- Endicott Village Hall, 1009 East Main Street, Endicott
- George F. Johnson Memorial Library, 1001 Park Street, Endicott
- Town of Union Web Page, www.townofunion.com
Written comments regarding the proposed FFY 2019 Annual Action Plan are encouraged and must be submitted to: Town of Union Department of Planning, 3111 East Main Street, Endwell, NY 13760, by 4:00 PM on Wednesday, July 10, 2019. Comments can also be sent via electronic mail to email@example.com.
The proposed plan allocates funding to a number of infrastructure, neighborhood improvement, public service, and housing activities including but not limited to:
- Continuation of Exchange Ave.—W. Edward St. to W. Valley St. Reconstruction (Village of Endicott)
- Reconstruction of Grand Ave. – Elizabeth St. to Saint Charles St. (Village of Johnson City)
- Dilapidated Structure Removal
- Home Repairs for Seniors Program
- Owner-Occupied Home Improvement Program
The Town Board will conduct a Public Hearing regarding the proposed FFY 2019 Annual Action Plan on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the Town Board meeting room, 3111 East Main Street, Endwell, NY 13760. The Town Board is scheduled to vote on the plan at the Wednesday, July 10, 2019 regular meeting beginning at 7:00 PM.
For further information, please contact the Town of Union Planning Department at 786-2985.