CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina freshman point guard Jeremiah Francis plans to transfer. Francis averaged 3.3 points last year and played in just 16 games.
He didn’t play in his junior and senior year of high school due to knee surgeries, then missed the first eight games of his freshman year.
Francis didn’t play more than 10 minutes in any game after Jan. 22.
Francis joins reserve big man Brandon Huffman in transferring from UNC since the end of a 14-19 season. That was the first losing record of head coach Roy Williams’ career.
- Iza and Co online-only fashion boutique celebrated its 1-year anniversary in business on Thursday
- Southern Tier Second Chance Housing is looking for donations of lightly used computers for children of low-income families
- Misleading political flyer found in donation boxes at local food banks; claiming the letter is inaccurate
- Congressman Anthony Brindisi spoke with local leaders in a virtual round table discussion
- A man in Fleischmanns is being held after a death following a domestic dispute