SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The New York State Fairgrounds plans on hosting at least 10 new public events and festivals in 2022, with over 50 public events scheduled through June 2022.
New events at the Fairgrounds include:
- The New York Sneaker Convention, Saturday, March 19: an opportunity for fans to buy, sell and trade sneakers
- The Cavalcade of Cars, March 26 – 27: a huge indoor classic car show that is expanding from its Buffalo base
- The International Taste Festival, April 9 – 10: featuring food, music and culture from around the world
- Two dance competitions – The Royal Dance Competition in April and the Imagine Dance Challenge in May
- The Iroquois Empire Volleyball Association Icicle Challenge, February 19 – 21: followed at the end of April with their Boys/Girls Regionals tournament.
The year-round business of the Fairgrounds is to support the economic growth of the region. These events will bring many new people to Central New York. We’re pleased that these events have chosen the Fairgrounds as their event venues.New York State Fair Director Troy Waffner
A variety of event spaces are available at the Fairgrounds. Promoters interested in planning an event can call Todd Dupell at 315-728-4380 or email at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of all events, you can visit the NYS Fairgrounds event page.