ALBANY, N.Y. (WIVB) — According to a Marist Poll, 59 percent of New Yorkers think the Governor should step down.
The poll was conducted Tuesday night, after the results of the New York Attorney General’s Office’s investigation into Andrew Cuomo were announced.
The report concluded that Gov. Cuomo sexually harassed several women.
More than half of the registered Democrats who were surveyed say he should resign.
32 percent of people say the Governor should serve the rest of his term, which goes through next year.
Here are more results of the poll:
Did Gov. Cuomo do something illegal?
- 44 percent believe Cuomo did something illegal
- 29 percent think he did something unethical, but not illegal
- 7 percent believe he did nothing wrong
- 6 percent say they haven’t heard enough about the allegations
- 13 percent are unsure
- 11 percent think Cuomo should be re-elected
- 78 percent say it’s time for someone else to be governor
- 36 percent of registered voters thought Cuomo should be reelected
- 58 percent said it was time for a new governor