HARPURSVILLE, NY (WIVT/WBGH) – Yesterday, February 23rd, the Harpursville Central School District held its Capital Project Vote.
There were two propositions are projected to have no tax impact on district residents due to the utilization of New York State Building Aid, District Reserves, and other financing strategies.
Proposition 1 ($13,746,232)
- Demolition of existing bus garage
- New Transportation Facility
- Improved Campus Circulation/Site Improvements
- Softball Field Renovation
- Relocation of Tennis Courts and Discus and Shot Put Pads
- Baseball Field Sideline Fencing
- New Halfcourt Basketball Court
- High School and W.A. Olmstead Sewage Pumps Replacement
- High School Main Bathrooms Renovation
- W.A. Olmstead Exterior Door Replacement
Proposition 2 ($3,868,240)
- Artificial Turf and Running Track Replacement
- High School and W.A. Olmstead Exterior Door Replacement
Proposition 1 passed with 148 yes votes and 47 no votes. Proposition 2 passed with 137 yes votes and 55 no votes.
Construction is expected to begin in May 2024.
- PGA Championship construction ramps up at Oak Hill Country Club
- Dodge unveils last crazy-fast gas-powered muscle car
- Trump legal woes force another moment of choosing for Republicans
- Biden’s strategy on Trump indictment? Get out of the way
- Looming Trump arrest puts GOP lawmakers in uncomfortable spot