BINGHAMTON, NY (WIVT/WBGH) – Today in Broome County Court, an Albany man pled guilty to felony Criminal Mischief in the 3rd Degree.
In July, 33-year-old Ammar Ali cut off an electronic ankle monitor while under supervision of the Broome County Department of Probation.
Ali damaged the ankle bracelet, which is worth over $600.
He has a prior felony conviction from 2015 for bail jumping in Bronx County. He will be sentenced to 2 to 4 years in New York State prison on May 25th.
“This defendant has been given multiple opportunities through the Department of Probation to conform to a law-abiding life. He chooses not to and will now serve 2 to 4 years,” said Michael A. Korchak, Broome County District Attorney.
- Photos recovered from camera lost for 13 years in a Colorado river
- McCarthy calls for no protests or violence over potential Trump arrest
- Millions of dead fish wash up amid Australian heat wave
- To combat anti-trans legislation, state Democrats team up with unlikely ally: the filibuster
- Trump’s call for protests sees muted reaction from supporters