BINGHAMTON, N.Y. – Earth Day Southern Tier and Binghamton Regional Sustainability Coalition (BRSC) is excited to announce its 30th annual Earth Fest on Sunday, April 28th at the SUNY Broome Student Center Gym.
Earth Day Southern Tier is a local, all volunteer, not-for-profit organization dedicated to environmental conservation by providing education, information and the opportunity to dialogue with knowledgeable people about environmental issues.
Earth Fest will be celebrated in the Student Center gym at SUNY Broome from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm. The festival will feature more than 35 Earth-friendly exhibitors and vendors from local businesses.
- Children’s activities with Roberson Museum and Science Center
- Animal Ambassadors with the Binghamton Zoo’s ZooMobile
- Free paper shredding 10:00 am – 1:00 pm presented by ROGERS Service Group
- River Trails Bike Cruise organized by the Southern Tier Bike Club
- Rowdy the Rumble Pony and Devil Dawg appearances
- Magician, Balloon Artist, and Chee Chee the Clown
- Display of fuel-efficient vehicles
- Book exchange and clothing drop-off
- Clean Energy Walking Tours 11:00 am and 1:00 pm around SUNY Broome campus
River Trails Bike Cruise to start at the Earth Fest Main Entrance at 1:00 pm. The ride is rated D/4/10 – Easy Pace – Flat, Terrain for 10 miles. All non-club members welcomed. Please bring your own bike and helmet.
Admission to Earth Fest is $1.00 or a CHOW donation. Visit the Binghamton Zoo or Roberson Museum on this day and receive free admission to Earth Fest. If you’re stopping by Earth Fest first, you can enjoy a $2.00 discount on your Binghamton Zoo or Roberson admission later in the day!
Local businesses and non-profits interested in having a presence at Earth Fest can register at the Earth Day Southern Tier website at http://earthdaysoutherntier.org/
More than 500 visitors are expected, and exhibitors will provide the information and education needed for our community to make a significant, positive change to the environment.