TOWN OF UNION, NY – A 2 year-old child is safe and alive thanks to the help of a special state trooper.
Police were dispatched to a Town of Union home on November 29th when a 2 year old began choking on a pancake.
Binghamton trooper David Draudt responded, rushing into the house to find the child unable to breathe and his jaw locked.
He was able to preform life saving back blows in order to clear the airway, allowing the child to take a few breaths.
He then opened his jaw and cleared the remaining pancake bits.
“I’m just happy that I was at the right place at the right time,” Draudt says.
The police released a bodycam video of the incident.