Student Engagement Specialist
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character – shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life – promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 17,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
The Student Engagement Specialist works on a team with a data analyst and director of student affairs assessment to help grow utilization of the campus engagement platform. This position begins at a crucial time for this program, as it transitions from one vendor/platform to another. The Student Engagement Specialist is the campus expert on using the tool, training others to use the tool, marketing/outreach about the tool and assisting multiple constituencies in troubleshooting when needed. The Student Engagement Specialist works with a diverse mix of offices and organizations across the University with the goal of using technology to help students connect to each other and to programs/services on campus as well as tracking involvement data used to improve practice on campus.
Essential Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
- Manage and participate in the implementation of a new campus engagement platform beginning in Spring 2019. At the same time assist with transitioning between the current tool and new tool
- Plan and implement training and outreach for engagement tool
- Market the engagement platform system to multiple constituencies including students, student organizations, campus offices/departments, faculty, and university leadership
- Work with campus partners to increase utilization and value of the tool. Help campus partners and students learn ways the tool can help them reach their goals while also strengthening the data in the system
- Working with campus partners, staff and the vendor to help troubleshoot, setup, and optimize platform capabilities
- Cultivate a strong partnership with the Student Association to support their needs with the tool
- Understanding and articulating technical requirements and processes
- Guide technical and non-technical end users on how to utilize software
- Work with campus IT and the vendor for successful system integration with campus systems and processes (e.g. authentication, API)
- Participate in outreach to campus partners to obtain secondary data that can be imported into the product in cooperation with Assessment Analyst
- Develop marketing tools and strategies for other large assessment projects led by Student Affairs Assessment and Strategic Initiatives (SAASI) (e.g. Senior Survey, national benchmarks)
- Troubleshooting with the vendor and campus constituencies when needed
- Supervising student staff as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with implementation and support of software applications
- Experience with developing and implementing marketing campaigns for large and diverse constituencies
- Ability to effectively design and deliver presentations and training courses, comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences (faculty, staff, students, etc.) effectively to adequately train and promote the effective use of online engagement tool
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks, while delivering quality results
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with students, student organizations, campus departments and the public
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to be responsive to the challenge of problem-solving
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Student Affairs or other related fields
- Ability to analyze and communicate engagement data
- Familiarity with campus engagement platforms such as CampusGroups, Engage, Presence, Involvio, etc.
- Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
- Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
- Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
- Cover letters may be addressed “To the Search Committee.”
- Postings active on the website accept applications until closure.
- For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit https://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/dual-career-program/
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University’s complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here .
- Deadline for Internal Applicants: 03/22/2019
- Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
- Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Please submit: Resume, Cover letter, and Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp
Sponsored by “The Agency.“