Staff Assistant – HCA (Helping Celebrate Abilities)
Provide general up keep and cleaning of the HCA buildings, provide childcare, and assist the professional staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cleaning duties: Vacuum and remove garbage after the children leave the classroom, morning and afternoon; wash snack dishes; staff and classroom bathrooms including disinfecting toilets and sinks in children’s bathrooms after each session; clean nurse’s sink; cleaning of mats, balls and toys on a daily basis
• Garbage duties: empty all garbage bags and check for full recycling bags daily.
• Change and/or diaper children as needed and help at bathroom time when requested by teaching staff.
• Assist staff with getting children off the buses and into the building, bringing in car seats, and signing children in.
• Sit and care for children, i.e., those brought in by contracted transportation carriers while waiting to go to program, therapy, or home. This responsibility also includes caring for children and siblings while parents attend meetings, parent group, or other agency-related appointments.
• Keep kitchens, public and staff bathrooms neat and clean at all times. This includes sinks, refrigerators, stoves and countertops.
• Maintain conference room and waiting room.
• Check supplies daily in bathrooms and kitchens.
• Keep track of supply inventory, submit requisitions and order supplies.
• Sit and care for ill children until they can be taken home.
• Wash tables, mats, and toys in therapy and classrooms regularly.
• Wash toys used for home visits as needed.
• Observation windows, office windows as well as windows in audio booth should be kept clean.
• Launder bibs, smocks, cleaning rags, etc., as needed.
• Order laundry from Wilson Hospital. Follow hospital procedure regarding linen orders, disposal and pick-up. Fold and pack linens away appropriately.
• Courier runs daily and as needed, including mail, bank deposits, health department, etc.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• GED Qualifications and knowledge:
• Valid driver’s license
• Reading comprehension
• Verbal and written skills
• Good communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Repetitive bending, stretching, and stooping
• Have mobility required to ensure the safety of the children
• Frequently required to stand and walk
• Regularly required to sit and use hands in a repetitive motion
• Regularly required to talk and hear
• Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Working conditions of this position do not substantially expose workers to adverse environmental conditions and are typical of an indoor work environment.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus that allow for consistent supervision of children
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
HCA (Helping Celebrate Abilities)
139 Grand Ave
Johnson City, NY 13790