We are seeking a Market Research Specialist to drive end-to-end research initiatives supporting enterprise and marketing’s strategic needs. Our environment is customer centric, future oriented, and places high value on strong business judgment, in addition to outstanding communication skills. This high visibility role will interact with all levels of Raymond leadership.
The Market Research Specialist will provide direct project support in the design, development and execution of qualitative and quantitative market research studies and will act as a liaison between internal clients and outside market research vendors – facilitating appropriate scoping, prioritization, and research design. The Market Research Specialist will use both primary and secondary research to develop, analyze, and synthesize actionable intelligence and communicate insights to key stakeholders.
• Provide customer insight leadership to cross-functional teams, working in partnership with Product Management, Marketing Communications, Sales, and Engineering to address business objectives
• Execute primary research, as well as source syndicated and marketplace data when relevant
• Interface with external suppliers to conduct market research, data analysis, and reporting to ensure cost-efficient, accurate, and timely completion of projects
• Identify actionable recommendations, integrate past research project insights where applicable, and make the research as robust and impactful as possible
• Establish and enhance customer insights standards and procedures for use Company-wide
• Develop a broad and rich understanding of key industry/Company trends by leveraging secondary data sources to help monitor and diagnose the brand/category and address business issues and information needs
• Understand various research methodologies and be able to help design a research project addressing research objectives
• Create survey questionnaires for quantitative projects, understanding survey logic and analytical impact, and discussion guides for qualitative research
• Exhibit best practices in project management to ensure key deliverables are received on time and on budget • Proactively evaluate new vendors and methodologies on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will possess a sense of urgency to meet or exceed customer requirements and quality expectations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, including senior and executive level staff, are also key to success. Ability to quickly develop an understanding of our business, including product, services, and our selling channels to facilitate the recommendation of research projects.
Requires general business knowledge as would typically be acquired in a Bachelor’s degree plus at least five years of experience in a specialized (typically technical) field. Previous project management experience is also required.