Human Resources Generalist - United Health Services - Norwich, NY
Job Description: THIS POSITION WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPPORT CHENANGO MEMORIAL HOSPTIAL, NORWICH NY. Serves as a point of contact for management and employees on employee relations issues, providing advice, support and resolution while ensuring compliance with regulatory/legal requirements and UHS policies/procedures. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations and provides recommendations for action. Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management and provides HR policy guidance and interpretation for both employees and leadership. Analyzes employee relations trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies. Helps to ensure a fair and consistent approach to the organization’s policies and procedures, thus promoting a positive employee relations culture within UHS, while minimizing risks. Position requires knowledge of current Federal & NYS Employment & Labor Law. Supports all UHS Entities with local travel required. Current experience in labor relations/union negotiations/contract administration preferred.
- Analyzes data from employee relations database, metrics and exit interviews to identify trends. Develops relevant solutions, programs, and policies which proactively address recurring issues and minimize risk or legal actions.
- Provides advice, coaching and assistance to management to address an array of employee conduct and performance issues with fluctuating levels of complexity, while keeping the Directors of Employee Relations informed of status and recommendations. Guides managers/supervisors through the performance management and conflict resolution process, ensuring timely and relevant follow-up.
- Coaches and advises managers on constructive discipline, ensuring a consistent and aligned approach, while maintaining and driving consistency when managing employee relations. Ensures appropriate documentation is maintained.
- Serves as point of contact for employees providing human resources assistance on the performance management and conflict resolution process, ensuring timely and relevant follow-up and resolutions.
- Gathers detailed, pertinent information by conducting fact-finding interviews and investigations, interpreting the findings and making recommendations for future actions.
- Maintains a positive employee relations environment including enabling management’s capability, overseeing management’s employee relations activities, maintaining the pulse of the employee’s employee relations experience, and professionally handling employee relations issues/concerns.
- Supports Directors, Employee Relations in preparation for Unemployment Insurance cases/hearings, NYS Division of Human Rights/Discrimination cases.
- Must be able to communicate/interface at all levels within UHS, including, but not limited to the preparation/conducting presentations, one-on-one and team meetings.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field with three (3) years of relevant employee relations HR experience required. Master’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration with Human Resources experience in a large healthcare system preferred as well as HRCI Certified: Professional Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) or SHRM Certified: Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SC THIS POSITION WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPPORT CHENANGO MEMORIAL HOSPTIAL, NORWICH NY.
Sponsored by "The Agency."