Outpatient Dermatology / Mohs Surgery LPN – Anew Dermatology
Anew Dermatology, an outpatient Mohs Surgery/Reconstruction and dermatology practice, seeks highly motivated, full-time LPN for long-term multi-disciplinary role. Once in a lifetime opportunity! Work with an appreciative patient population, enjoy high job satisfaction helping cure skin cancer, and all with stable daytime hours.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your qualifications in addition to your interest in the position.
Resumes will not be reviewed without a cover letter.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Role may change over time and will be multidisciplinary in nature, both clinical and non-clinical
Responsibilities will be broad and include the following:
- Schedule patient appointments
- Explain procedures and post-op care over-the-phone and in-person
- Patient check-in and check-out
- Answer phones, triage messages
- Complete and manage prior authorizations
- Scribe encounters in electronic medical record system
- Room patients and obtain an initial history
- Assist with skin surgery procedures and patient care within scope of practice
- Turn-over rooms, stock supplies and manage inventory
- Clean and sterilize equipment
- Maintain logs such as biopsy log, laboratory test log, and sterilization log
- Provide post op wound care to patients following procedures
- Assist/perform Mohs laboratory work within scope of practice
- Perform all other job related duties as assigned * Responsible for reading, referencing, and following policies and procedures
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up
- Perform any other duties in a flexible manner within the scope of certification as required by physicians, supervisor and/or management
- Licensed Practical Nurse required
- 1 - 5 years outpatient experience required
- Dermatology experience strongly preferred
- Procedural or surgical experience strongly preferred, including assisting procedures, understanding sterile technique, handling instruments safely, etc.
- Competency with electronic medical records, computer systems, and IPad
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of care
- Actively seek new ways to grow and be challenged
- Approachable and comforting, able to make others comfortable with you
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric care
- Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with fellow employees, partners, and patients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Four, 10 hour shifts. Position hours are: Monday - Thursday 8am - 6:30pm
Professional references and background check required prior to hiring.