Accountant – Mental Health Association of the Southern Tier, Binghamton
Growing Non-Profit Agency is looking for a full-time Accountant to join our Accounting Department. We are looking for someone with experience in HR, payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Maintain records according to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Organize the human resource aspects of the organization including upkeep of employee personnel files, agency compliance with state and federal employment regulations, and employee benefits.
- Enter employee pay information in electronic payroll system, allocate time, verify hours worked, and paid time off accruals. Provide time available reports to supervisors as needed.
- Complete training and travel requests as needed.
- Enter A/P invoices and allocate to appropriate programs.
- Process monthly recurring entries.
- Prepare billing for client services, grants, interpreter services, trainings and fundraising events.
- Review aging accounts receivable reports and resolve unpaid balances.
- Contact insurance carriers if claims have been denied or not paid timely.
- Prepare and make bank deposit of any cash on date received and checks within 2 business days.
- Review and reconcile representative payee bank statements.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and claims.
- Complete Medicaid exclusion testing as per agency policies.
- Three years of bookkeeping experience with strong payroll background.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is absolutely required, as well as a track record of reliability, confidentiality, and conscientious work habits.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to interpret data and make cost effective decisions.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office and accounting software.
- Driving record acceptable to agency’s insurance carrier.
- Medical billing required.
- Medical Billing: 1 year (Required)
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
Sponsored by “The Agency.“