View and apply to available Nexstar positions here
Now Hiring: Account Executive
The Account Executive works within established Sales Department guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seeks new customers for both TV and Digital business, executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management, maintains awareness of the competition, and maintains visibility in the community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
- Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
- Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience minimum of two years of experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The Sales Account Executive must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Sales Account Executive must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Now Hiring Paid General Intern
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Internships are available for qualified high school or college students studying broadcast journalism, video production, and other communication degrees.
Students must be between the ages of 17 and 22 and either live or attend school in New York State.
- Paid internship is for a total of 180 hrs. through the NYS Broadcasters Association.
- The position will be in multiple departments although primarily in News, and can include reporting, writing, videography, video editing and sports
- Will be well supervised and participate in a meaningful learning experience
- Upon completion of the internship, the student will be evaluated through a written review by the internship supervisor
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
WIVT-TV / WBGH-TV IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER