CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Brandon Robinson scored a career-high 20 points and Roy Williams tied his mentor on the all-time wins list as North Carolina beat Yale 70-67.
Justin Pierce added 14 points for the Tar Heels in their final nonconference game of the regular season on Monday night.
Williams picked up his 879th career victory as a head coach, tying Dean Smith for the fourth-most in Division I men’s basketball history.
Williams worked as an assistant for Smith at North Carolina for 10 seasons from 1978-88.
Azar Swain’s 30-foot 3-point attempt misfired at the buzzer for Yale (10-4).
- Hauser, Huff lead No. 8 Virginia past Syracuse, 81-58
- Heroes parade helps lift spirits of frontline workers and nursing home residents
- SUNY schools require additional testing of students, staff and faculty
- Immunocompromised population still seeking answers about COVID-19 vaccine eligibility
- Latest Numbers, January 25