SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) – John Mooney’s 28 points moved him past 1,000 for his career and Notre Dame ran away from Georgia Tech in the second half for an 80-72 victory Saturday.
Mooney, who picked up his nation-leading 17th double-double with 10 rebounds, was 9-of-18 shooting for the Fighting Irish, who won their second straight league game.
T.J. Gibbs scored 19 points, Dane Goodwin 14 and Rex Pflueger 13 for Notre Dame, which shot 47% (24 of 51) for the game.
Jose Alvarado scored 25 points to lead Georgia Tech.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- RPD Chief: Man shot, killed by police ‘brandished’ a handgun during traffic stop
- LIST: Walmart, Costco, Trader Joe’s, Publix to drop mask requirements
- Colonial Pipeline says ‘normal operations’ have resumed following ransomware attack
- Inside NY Baseball: Yankee prospect Estevan Florial; this week’s Press Pass
- Corning Hawks unload offense on Owego Indians, win handily 20-4