RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – N.C. State foward D.J. Funderburk has been allowed to practice with the team following his indefinite suspension in late September
Head coach Kevin Keatts confirmed the latest developments for Funderburk on Monday as he and the team prep for Georgia Tech.
While Funderburk can practice, he will not play against the Yellow Jackets on Tuesday.
He was suspended Sept. 30 for violating team rules. There is no timetable for when Funderburk will be allowed to play.
“We’ve got to depend a lot on Manny Bates,” Keatts said in regards to Funderburk’s absence. Bates redshirted last season due to a shoulder injury.
Keatts also said the team was “banged up” and some players might not play Tuesday.
“We’ll make a gametime decision on a couple guys,” Keatts said.
He did not name specifically who was injured.
The Wolfpack and Yellow Jackets tipoff at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday on the ACC Network.
N.C. State hasn’t opened the season with an ACC game since the 1967-68 season.
The Pack opened that season with a 79-63 win at Wake Forest on Dec. 2, 1967.
- You will need to be vaccinated to attend Bills and Sabres games, Erie County executive says
- New York launching mobile vaccination initiative for rural workers
- WATCH: Adoptable Pet of the Day, meet Ms Match
- This Day in Binghamton History, the girl with the parasol
- Excitement builds for NFL Draft as stage takes shape in downtown Cleveland