PITTSBURGH (AP) – Freshman Justin Champagnie poured in a career-high 30 points and Pittsburgh pulled away from Georgia Tech 73-64.
Champagnie made 12 of 17 shots, including all three of his 3-point attempts as the Panthers bounced back from a tough road loss at Notre Dame by clamping down on the Yellow Jackets late.
Trey McGowens added 14 points and nine assists for Pitt. Terrell Brown finished with nine points and six rebounds in his first start since late November.
Michael Devoe led Georgia Tech with 22 points with seven assists sand Moses Wright scored 12 for the Yellow Jackets.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Children’s Charity, Mirabito team up for Give Back Friday
- Demand for COVID testing surpassing supply of test kits
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- NY’s overall COVID positivity rate is down, but deaths are up
- Gov. Cuomo says state is working on pandemic plan for winter