Cision PR Newswire
This Week in Tech News: 12 Stories You Need to See
News provided byPR Newswire
May 26, 2023, 6:32 AM ET
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy technology industry press releases from PR Newswire, including Shutterstock's acquisition of GIPHY and IBM's grants to boost cybersecurity in schools.
NEW YORK, May 26, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the business technology industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Shutterstock to Acquire GIPHY, the World's Largest GIF Library and Search Engine
Shutterstock CEO Paul Hennessy said, "Shutterstock is in the business of helping people and brands tell their stories. Through the GIPHY acquisition, we are extending our audience touch points beyond primarily professional marketing and advertising use cases and expanding into casual conversations."
- Thomson Reuters brings forward vision to redefine the future of professionals with content-driven AI technology
Steve Hasker, president and CEO, Thomson Reuters, said, "With our customers in the driver's seat, Thomson Reuters AI technology augments knowledge, helping professionals work smarter, giving them time back to focus on what matters."
- Viasat Next-Generation Ground-to-Space Encryption Solution Achieves National Security Agency Type-1 Certification
The KG-255XJ End Cryptographic Unit (ECU) is now certified for protecting classified Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) and below, including Telemetry, Tracking and Command (TT&C) and mission data communications between Satellite Operations Centers (SOCs) and satellites on orbit.
- IBM to Grant $5 Million In-Kind for Schools to Boost Cybersecurity, Together with Enhanced Skilling on AI
Grants valued at $500,000 each ($5 million in total) will be awarded to six school districts in the US with an additional four around the world. Volunteers, through IBM Service Corps, will use their professional skills to help schools establish programs to address cybersecurity resiliency.
- Antelope Enterprise Creates AI-Powered Virtual Influencers Using ChatGPT-like Technology
With this new technology, a single marketing video can be created and then KylinCloud will use AI technology to create a range of tailormade versions of virtual influencer livestreaming product videos for each individual influencer, allowing the influencer to focus their time and effort on building their followers.
- Netwrix Report: Enterprises Suffer More Ransomware and Other Malware Attacks Than Smaller Organizations
The enterprise sector also reports larger expenses as a result of cyberattacks than their smaller counterparts. Indeed, 28% of enterprises estimated their financial damage from cyberthreats to be $50,000 and higher, compared to just 16% among organizations overall.
- UltiMaker Launches the Method XL 3D Printer to Deliver Unrivaled Accuracy and Precision for Engineering Applications
The UltiMaker® Method™ XL 3D printer is designed to deliver the accuracy and performance of industrial production alongside the flexibility and affordability of a desktop 3D printer.
- TCL CSOT Introduces a Full Range of Breakthrough Display Innovations at SID Display Week 2023
TCL unveiled over 30 of its latest products and advanced technologies, including more than ten firsts in the world, at Display Week 2023 organized by the Society for Information Display (SID).
- Space Robotics Startup GITAI Raises US$30 Million in Funding
Sho Nakanose, GITAI's Founder & CEO, said, "While SpaceX and BlueOrigin are reducing the cost of transportation to space by 100 times, we at GITAI are taking on the challenge of reducing labor costs by 100 times. We will provide the most labor for the Moon and Mars and build infrastructure such as solar panels, communication antennas, fuel generators, and habitation modules."
- National Safety Council Work to Zero Initiative Unveils New Research on Improving Workplace Safety with Robotics
Specifically, this white paper, which analyzes academic journals, vendor interviews and company case studies, evaluates the benefits of robotics and autonomous mobile robots, or AMRs, on reducing injuries and fatalities in the workplace. It also outlines best practices employers can follow to implement robotic technology across a range of workplaces.
- High School Scientists and Engineers Win Nearly $9 Million at the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair 2023
The $75,000 top award went to 17-year-old Kaitlyn Wang for breakthrough innovation to accelerate exoplanet discovery in the largest international STEM competition for teens.
- Solana Becomes the First Layer 1 Blockchain to Integrate Artificial Intelligence with ChatGPT
This integration from Solana Labs serves as a reference for how AI can make it easier to understand Solana data and protocols, or surface data about Solana's computing infrastructure and DeFi projects. The plugin can be used to buy NFTs, transfer tokens, inspect transactions, interpret public account data, and find NFT collections by floor price.
Read more of the latest business technology releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtech on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Palo Alto Networks.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at email@example.com.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-tech-news-12-stories-you-need-to-see-301835221.html
SOURCE PR Newswire
NOTE: This content is not written by or endorsed by "WBGH/WIVT", its advertisers, or Nexstar Media Inc.