It will be another warm and humid day across the Southern Tier with showers and storms developing this afternoon. Some of the storms will be strong to severe. Cooler, less humid weather is expected for Thursday.
Here are the weather headlines for mid week:
• Cold front Wednesday means our best chance of rain for the week.
• Best chance for showers/storms during Wednesday will be through the afternoon into the evening
• A few of the storms that form could become severe east of Binghamton
• Drier and cooler air arrives Thursday.
• Great weather continues into Friday.
After a scorcher on Tuesday, relief from the hot and humid air will come Wednesday with the passage of a cold front.
That front will go to work on the very warm and humid air mass over us and showers and storms will be the result.
The timing of the front looks to put our greatest chance of showers and storms into the afternoon with some of the storms lingering into the evening over Northeast Pennsylvania. The main threat from the storms will be heavy rain and frequent lightning. There could even be a few strong to severe storms east of Binghamton.
That same cold front will help sweep the heat and humidity out and you can expect cooler, less humid and dry weather for the end of the week.