Operational Team Leader
Conklin, New York
Under the direction of the Production & Engineering Manager, and/or general supervision of the Plant Manager, is responsible for product manufacturing, quality and efficiency of operations, planning and utilization of equipment, facilities and personnel to support the business plan and compliance with all legal requirements.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Plans, organizes, and accomplishes goals and objectives of the operation.
• Direct team members including scheduling, time and attendance, policy and procedure administration and documentation in all areas of responsibility.
• Adhere to quality standards and procedures, supporting the positive release program and promoting quality within the plant.
• Execute safety policies and practices and provides training, minimizing risk to personnel.
• Communicate, motivate and coach team members to maintain and improve team performance through listening skills, meeting skills, appraisals, progressive discipline, goal setting and quality practices.
Skills & Competencies:
• Successful in handling people including highly skilled technicians
• Strong mechanical knowledge and capabilities
• Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Applications)
• Good safety and housekeeping practices
• Familiarity with lean manufacturing practices
Education and Experience:
• Associate Degree in related field or equivalent Technical Degree
• Minimum 2 years team leader or supervisory experience in high volume manufacturing with heavy emphasis on coaching and promotion of independent decision-making and problem-solving.
• At least seven years of mechanical/electrical experience in a manufacturing environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Industrial, Electric or Mechanic Engineering
• Work experience in metal manufacturing
Site Specific Qualifications:
• Familiarity with self-directed work team cultures
• Ability to lead a team, coach, train, mentor, and facilitate job tasks
• Ability to facilitate a cross-functional team
Please send your resume to: Laurie-Ann Platt 379 Broome Corporate Parkway Conklin, NY 13748 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 607-584-3340
Visit www.ardaghgroup.com to learn more about our company.
Copyright 2014 binghamtonhomepage.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.