Director of Public Communications
Family Planning of South Central New York, Inc.
117 Hawley Street,
Binghamton, NY 13901
The Director of Public Communications is responsible for marketing, media relations, public information and public affairs, to develop community awareness and support for reproductive issues and family planning services. Also, this individual drafts agency newsletter, annual report and press releases, as well as managing agency website and coordinating legislative contacts and advocacy efforts.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree a plus
• Experience in community organizing and public relations
• Good knowledge of reproductive health issues, legislative affairs, and knowledge of the American political scene
• Must be committed to the mission and beliefs of FPSCNY
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• A high degree of computer and Internet literacy is needed
• Must have a proven capability to work independently without detailed instructions and with minimal supervision, as well as the ability to work cooperatively with other program staff and agencies
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Willingness to keep updated in the field and continue training
• Must have a contact phone number
• Valid NYS driver’s license and mode of transportation.
• Physically able to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send resume to: Shirley Hadley, Dir of HR Family Planning of South Central NY 117 Hawley Street, Binghamton, NY 13901 or email to: email@example.com
Fully paid health and dental insurance; 4 weeks vacation accruing from date of employment.
Copyright 2014 binghamtonhomepage.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.