Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Elmira, N.Y. Area
1. Greet customers appropriately. Treat all customers in a courteous manner.
2. Ensures all field phlebotomy and specimens are collected accurately and on time.
a. Collects specimens according to established procedures.
b. Responsible for completing requisitions accurately.
c. Calls clients to confirm handwritten orders, verify test(s) ordered, obtain accurate billing information, i.e. Diagnosis codes, UPIN information, etc.
d. Researches test/client information utilizing lab computer system or Directory of Service.
e. Labels, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order.
f. Packages specimens for transport.
3. Maintains required records and documentation.
a. Reads, understands and complies with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Automobile policies and procedures, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual).
b. Maintains all appropriate PSC/Phlebotomy logs.
c. Assists with compilation of monthly statistics and data. Submits data on time monthly.
d. Performs basic clerical duties, i.e. filing, faxing, preparing mail. Will be required to perform electronic data entry.
e. Submits accurate time and travel logs as directed by management and on time.
4. Demonstrates organizational commitment.
a. Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code and lab coat policies, appearing neat and clean at all times.
b. Reports on time to work, following attendance guidelines.
c. Answers the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner, by incorporating the company name, self-identification and a helpful statement
d. Communicates appropriately with clients, patients, coworkers and the general public.
e. Communicates all unresolved problems immediately to the appropriate Manager, Supervisor, Group Leader or Phlebotomy Services Rep. II for resolution. Remains polite and courteous at all times.
5. Miscellaneous duties and responsibilities.
a. Keeps work area neat and clean. Disposes of biohazard containers when scheduled.
b. Help with inventories and other tasks as assigned.
c. Stocks supplies as needed.
d. Performs other department-related clerical duties when assigned.
e. Answers phone and dispatch calls when assigned.
f. Participates on teams and special projects when asked.
g. All other duties as assigned, within scope of position.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Medical training helpful (medical assistant, paramedic). Medical terminology helpful. Phlebotomy certification preferred.
• 1 year Phlebotomy experience- pediatric and geriatric capillary and venipuncture.
• Customer service in a service environment preferred.
1. Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays, on call and overtime.
2. Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and geriatric.
3. Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills, is able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner.
4. Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting.
5. Valid NYS Drivers License and clean driving record
All qualified candidates must apply on the Quest Diagnostics website at www.questdiagnostics.com/careers. The position number is 3728519. Any candidates experiencing difficulties may contact Jeff Blackburn at (412)920.7837.
This position is On-Call and candidate will need to be available to collect blood in the Nursing Homes in the Elmira/Binghamton area. Position may require travel to Syracuse. Hours of availability are M-F 9 a.m. - noon and Saturday and Sunday 6 a.m. - 1 p.m.