Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce
Administration of all financial aspects of the Chamber and Greater Binghamton Education Outreach Program (GEBEOP), serves as liaison to staff regarding all group insurances, and administers human resource issues.
• Performing all Accounting functions including but not limited to A/P, A/R, general ledger maintenance, invoicing and processing of daily deposits using QuickBooks financial software.
• File annual Sales Tax Report.
• Invoice and collect Health Insurance Payments from former employees.
• Submit and maintain automatic ACH payments from members.
• Maintain Petty Cash and reconcile.
• Track revenue and expenses for all major events and work with event lead to ensure accurate reporting; balance smaller events with Membee reports provided by the Receptionist and expense reports provided by event lead.
• Perform all month end reconciliations.
• Prepare end of month entries and all monthly financial statements and appropriate supporting information for the Chamber, CVB, Gateway and GBEOP.
• Present monthly financials and annual budget proposal to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee when requested to do so.
• Prepare Quarterly Lodging report for CVB and quarterly compensation and benefits report for Gateway.
• Prepare data for year-end audit and tax return preparation coordinating with auditor’s office.
• Verify all OJT participant payroll records to ensure they comply with the terms and conditions of the current OJT contract; process them for payment to the participant companies.
• Compile and process all payroll, benefit, travel and service information to the Presidents Administrative Assistant for billing to New York State for the OJT contract. Invoicing is done on a monthly basis. Also, participant in the audit of said documents at least twice per year.
• Act as backup for the IPA/Navigator Position.
• Compile, track and process all payroll, benefit, travel and service information to the Presidents Administrative Assistant for billing to the Community Service Society for the Navigator contract. Invoicing is done on a quarterly basis.
• Form 1099 issuances to appropriate parties and maintain W-9 file.
• Work with the President and Department Managers to compile yearly budgets for all four organizations. Prepare compensation, benefit and fixed cost budget information.
• Perform bi-weekly payroll functions and compile quarterly payroll analysis.
• Actively maintain employee personnel folders complying with new Department of Labor and IRS regulations.
• Prepare and maintain information for workman’s compensation and 401K compliance audits, including tracking part-time employee hours in order to determine program eligibility.
• Supply new employees with appropriate paperwork.
• Work as Human Resource Liaison to staff members for benefits.
• Respond to employee requests for account reports, analyses, past dues, etc…
• Other duties as assigned.
• Extensive experience with QuickBooks
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Associates degree in Business/Accounting required, Bachelor Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Small Business Accounting
Please submit resume and cover letter to Theresa Ryan at the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 995, Binghamton, NY 13902-0995 or you can submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal opportunity employer, The Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at The Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. The Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.