Coordinator – Program – Residency
Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital
Coordinator-Program-Residency is a Full Time day’s position at the Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Department in Binghamton, NY. Lourdes is more than a great place to work. Since 1925, Lourdes has been committed to providing quality care to our community. We are a member of the nation's largest non-profit health organization, Ascension Health. The system includes over 50 hospitals, nursing homes, and psychiatric facilities in 20 states. Its purpose is to provide quality healthcare services to promote health, treat illness, and alleviate suffering. In Binghamton, NY, the main hospital campus includes a Hospice Program, Ambulatory Surgery Center, and a Regional Cancer Center. Reaching beyond these boundaries, Lourdes has established a network of primary care physicians at convenient sites throughout the region. We have been fortunate in attracting talented, dedicated, and caring employees at all levels of our organization. Lourdes strives to afford employees the opportunity for creativity, continued education, and incentives to innovate. In this service, we truly believe that the medical staff is a valued partner and that each employee's contribution plays a valuable and important role in achieving the quality care provided by our organization. When you join us at Lourdes you'll become part of a team that prizes not only your professional talents, but your personal compassion as well. There is something unique in how we go about what we do. And, we hope that it may inspire you to join our team.
Summary: The Coordinator-Program-Residency organizes and coordinates activities and flow of work for the physician residency program.
• Coordinates and organizes the resident recruitment process including communicating program offerings to prospective applicants, screening applications, recommending candidates for interview, arranging interviews, participating in the selection of candidates for the rank list, and following up with candidates.
• Performs administrative functions including scheduling rotations, attending meetings, composing and distributing meeting minutes, and scheduling lectures/classes, evaluations and meetings for residents and faculty.
• Maintains personnel records, curriculum documentation, accreditation documentation, conference presentations, procedure documentation, and all required rotation documentation.
• Coordinates special events, educational functions, and recruitment events.
• Schedules and organizes resident education sessions.
If you have any questions about the application process or require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-992-4672 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST M-F. As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Education & Experience:
• Minimum of three (3) years Medical Healthcare experience preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources, Recruitment, Education, Healthcare (direct or non-direct patient care including physician office) or Program Management required.
• Associate Degree required, Bachelor Degree preferred. Bachelor Degree required within five (5) years.
To view this opportunity and apply to our internal career site, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser: https://hcm-prod-dmz.ascensionhealth.org/psc/AHHREXT/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&SiteId=12&JobOpeningId=6434&PostingSeq=1
Know someone who might be interested in this opportunity? Please feel free to share with your network!