Salem Drive Fire Ruled Accidental

- A senior Broome County Fire Investigator tells us that the fire in Vestal this past Tuesday broke out behind a microwave oven in the home.

The flames quickly spread to an outside wall and went up into the attic.

The homeowners of 4529 Salem Drive tried to put it out themselves at first, but realized that it was too much for them to handle and then called 911.

The house was severely damaged by the blaze, and it was ruled a total loss.

More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Career Connection
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Movie Listings
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Greek Peak Six Pack
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Discount Deals
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center