David says employees were given an extended lunch hour and City Hall was closed to the public from about 10:30 to 11:45.
The fumes came from paint that was being used on the counter top in the Mayor's reception area. After consulting with the Fire Chief and Personnel Director, David decided to clear the building. The fire department brought in fans to quickly dissipate the odors.
David says $3,000 is being spent on painting, new rug and the counter tops. He says it's not a renovation, but meant to address safety concerns with the old carpet which was worn and a tripping hazard.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.