Integrated Computer Solutions of Vestal, LLC (ICS)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: A Telecommunications Technician performs work in the repair, programming and maintenance of industry standard VIOP telephone systems. They will also support security and access control systems as needed. The work is performed under general supervision often without specific instruction. They receive their daily work from their dispatcher and supervision.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications.
- Repair and maintain various types of telephone systems, including but not limited to: NEC and Zultys and other VIOP systems
- Install and configure software for voicemail systems, upgrade firmware for phone management console and voicemail manager software.
- Establish networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables. Cat5e, Cat6 and fiber
- Install telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, alarms, security cameras.
- Maintain network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures and updating documentation
- Maintain customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS OF EMPLOYEE
- Considerable knowledge of the installation, maintenance and repair of NEC, Zultys and/or other mainstream VIOP solution is huge plus.
- Must have experience in reading wiring diagrams
- Demonstrated ability to follow installation and operation manuals and to work safely and efficiently with various types of equipment and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and assume responsibility for repair of assigned equipment without direct supervision
- Strong communication and ability to investigate, identify and correct problems in assigned work areas
- Must be a team player and work effectively with other teammates.
- Requiring two years of satisfactory performance as a telecommunications technician
- Attention to detail is key
- Must possess a valid driver’s license