Category: Human Resources
Adecco is helping a local client in their search for a Compensation Manager to work from their Binghamton, NY location. This role is responsible for managing the compensation function for corporate staff departments. The compensation manager plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices.
This position is also responsible for ensuring through audits, legal reports and personal interactions that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations. Applications for Sr. Analyst roles are also accepted.
1. Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to corporate staff.
2. Provides advice to corporate staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
3. Manages the administration of direct compensation (executive, exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs) for corporate staff, including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions related to salaried employees.
4. Develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
5. Supervises the participation in, conducts and/or purchases exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
6. Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
1. Market Research using Pay Factors or other relevant data sources
2. Creating positions and working with HR groups to finalize job descriptions, leveling the role for market research and creating job codes
3. Salary Banding and Grade experience required
4. Strong Excel experience including pivot tables, formulas, etc
5. Exposure and experience with large scale HCM or ERP systems used for Compensation (UltiPro, Workday, ADP, SAP, etc) Competencies 1. Business Acumen. 2. Communication. 3. Consultation. 4. Critical Evaluation. 5. Ethical Practice. 6. HR Expertise. 7. Leadership & Navigation. 8. Relationship Management.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Required Education and Experience 1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field. 2. Six to eight years of progressively responsible experience in compensation. 3. Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations. Preferred Education and Experience 1. Master's degree. 2. SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications 1. Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with top management. Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Contact: Megan Kusovski
59 Court Street
Binghamton, New York 13901