Avionics Systems Engineer
ENSCO Avionics, Inc.
Employment Status: Regular, Full-Time
Location: Endicott, NY
ENSCO Avionics, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an Avionics Systems Engineer skilled in full lifecycle development for Avionic Engine and Flight Control Systems. The position will focus on understanding end-user needs and required functionality early in the development cycle, generate and document requirements, then lead/participate in completing the rest of the development lifecycle from design through Requirements compliance testing. Throughout the cycle the position will utilize industry best practice for Systems Engineering and development processes with the goal of providing a quality product that will drive the engineering designs. This position is an integral part of a diverse development team and the successful candidate must perform at the level required for this position. If you are up to the challenge, please click the "Submit to Job" button and soar to a new career with ENSCO Avionics.
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- Bachelors Degree, or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 3 years of relevant career experience
- Experience with Avionic systems engineering process
- Experience with System level Requirements generation
- Experience with Software Requirements and System level software test plans
- Requirements management experience using DOORS or similar tool
- Configuration management (CM) experience using RAZOR, SYNERGY, or similar tool
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- must be able to communicate effectively in teleconferences with suppliers, clients and colleagues
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
General Education/Years of Experience:
- BS or equiv
- min 3 yrs relevant exp.
- Experience with Avionic software development or software testing
- Communications systems experience such as CAN, ARINC, 1553, TTP, and AFDX
- Software background in C, C++
- Script Generation with tools such as Python
U.S. Citizenship: Yes
Security Clearance Level: None
Drug Screen Type: Pre-Employment Drug
Export Control and Licensing: None
Background Check Type: 7 year
Division Description For more than 30 years, ENSCO Avionics has developed sophisticated airborne systems for the aerospace industry to meet DO-178C, DO-254, DO-278A, and military standards for manned and unmanned systems. ENSCO Avionics focus is on safety- and mission-critical software and programmable hardware engineering solutions, custom display development, tailored synthetic vision applications, integration test solutions, and the IData® Tool Suite. ENSCO Avionics, based in Endicott, N.Y., is a wholly owned subsidiary of ENSCO, Inc. www.ensco.com/avionics
To apply click the below link or cut and paste in your browser: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25451&siteid=5592&AReq=1203BR&Codes=BNGCOC
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.