The Agency – Broome County IDA/LDC
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties intended to ensure the office operates efficiently. The Administrative Assistant provides a full range of administrative, clerical and office support functions such as maintaining the office’s internal communication program, participating in the planning of meetings and events, assisting the Office Manager with the hard-copy and electronic record keeping systems, and providing administrative support to the Board of Directors and agency staff members.
- Perform daily administrative activities such as;
- Answer, screen and transfer phone calls
- Receive and direct visitors and clients; and
- manage mail, documents and ordered items delivered to the office.
- Perform general clerical duties such as preparing correspondence and meeting materials, photocopying, fax, bulk mailings, and handling requests for information and data.
- Assist the Office Manager with maintaining systems to ensure the proper retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of records in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Manage the agency’s day-to-day communications program; i.e. updating the website and social media.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for staff and Board members as necessary.
- Manage day-to-day operations such as equipment and office supplies.
- Maintain in-office and off-premise storage.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the agency staff such as preparing and modifying documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Provide input to senior staff regarding development and updates to office policies and procedures.
- Coordinate special projects at the direction of the Executive Director.
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and its committees, including distribution of agendas and support documents, transcribing and preparing meeting minutes, etc.
- Maintain a log of all relevant professional organizations, committees, and other groups.
- Prepare reports as requested by the Executive Director