It's fall and the colors are in full bloom. The leaves have turned their last shades of brilliant red, dusty orange and golden yellow. There is a hint of a winter chill in the air, and fall is already starting to fade as the leaves hit the ground. There is only a limited amount of time left for people to hit the open road on their motorcycles. Consider taking one of these five scenic road trips to enjoy one last wonderful drive before the change of seasons.
1. Pacific Coast Highway - For those who live in California, there is simply no better choice for a fall drive along the coast. A motorcycle driver can enjoy 1,700 miles of Pacific Coast beauty. There are plenty of stops along the way, including trips to the Redwood Forest which is unmatched when it comes to autumn beauty.
2. River Road, or FM 170 - Everything is bigger in Texas, including the motorcycle road trip highways. Procure some motorcycle insurance rates from Nationwide Insurance, and then enjoy a trip throughout Texas on River Road. It's the perfect time to see all that the desert has to offer without dealing with the scorching heat of the summer months.
3. Coastal Highway 1 - People living on the East Coast don't have to worry that they will miss out on the beauty of fall motorcycle trips. Coastal Highway 1 is a perfect choice when planning that last minute fall drive. It is known for being the oldest highway on the East Coast, and those who travel it get the privilege of enjoying lighthouses, eating fresh seafood and seeing beautiful views of the Atlantic Ocean along the way.
4. Overseas Highway - Living in Florida doesn't mean that motorcycle drivers can't enjoy the open road and crisp fall air. While the weather might not be a chilly 50 degrees, it is still much cooler this time of year than in July. Stretching 100 miles from Key Largo to Key West, Overseas Highway gives riders the benefit of enjoying island living without the crowds.
5. Route 66 - It doesn't get much more classic than this road. After securing motorcycle insurance from Nationwide, which is known for its competitive rates and discounts, drivers can set off into the sunset on the most talked about highway in the United States. Stretching from Chicago to Santa Monica, Calif., Route 66 gives any motorcycle lover the opportunity to enjoy fall throughout the entire country.
There may only be a few weeks left to enjoy the motorcycle season this year, but that doesn't mean there isn't enough time to fit in one last glorious motorcycle ride. Take the time now to plan a quick getaway. Enjoy the feel of the crisp air, the breathtaking views of the leaves changing and cherish the freedom of the road.
Sponsored content provided by Nationwide.